The City of Fort St. John is anticipating that the pool will re-open at 6 a.m. on Friday.- Advertisement –
The City of Fort St. John is anticipating that the pool will re-open at 6 a.m. on Friday.- Advertisement –
0Shares0000Egypt’s Mohamed Salah vies for the ball against Congo’s Ramaric Presley Etou Thomaso during their World Cup 2018 Africa qualifying match October 8, 2017 © AFP / TAREK ABDEL HAMIDCAIRO, Egypt, Oct 8 – Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah converted a stoppage-time penalty to give Egypt a dramatic 2-1 win over Congo Brazzaville Sunday and a place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.Salah put Egypt ahead during the second half in Alexandria only for Arnold Bouka Moutou to equalise two minutes from the end of regular time. Victory gave Egypt an uncatchable four-point lead over Uganda in Group E with one round of fixtures remaining.Uganda were held 0-0 by Ghana in Kampala Saturday.A defensive blunder allowed constant menace Salah to fire past goalkeeper Barel Mouko on 63 minutes at the 85,000-capacity Borg El Arab Stadium.But Congo threatened to turn party-poopers as substitute Moutou, a France-based defender, beat 44-year-old goalkeeper Essam El Hadary from inside the box.A draw would not have been enough for Egypt to seal qualification and they sought a winning goal, which came when Salah sent Mouko the wrong way with his spot-kick.Egypt last qualified for the World Cup in 1990 with the record seven-time African champions suffering numerous heart-breaking failures since.The desperation to qualify was so great ahead of the Congo match that Argentina-born Egypt coach Hector Cuper admitted he was taking medication for high blood pressure.“I am taking hypertension medicine due to the stress I suffer from continuing criticism,” he told reporters without specifying who his critics were.“Life is full of stress, but the challenge of reaching the World Cup is the toughest stress I have faced.”Egypt also beat Congo away and Ghana and Uganda at home to accumulate 12 points, with the only loss away to Uganda.Nigeria became the first African qualifiers Saturday with a 1-0 Group B win over Zambia in Uyo thanks to a goal from another English Premier League player, Alex Iwobi of Arsenal.Tunisia or the Democratic Republic of Congo will qualify from Group A and Morocco or the Ivory Coast from Group C.All four Group D teams — Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde and South Africa — are in contention to finish first with the final matchday scheduled for November.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The CFA bulletin issued late Monday appeared to be a response to French-born Congolese striker Cedric Bakambu’s murky move from Spain’s Villarreal to Beijing Guoan, after reports suggested it was structured to dodge the transfer tax.The CFA last May slapped a 100 percent tax on incoming transfers worth over 45 million yuan ($7 million) as concern mounted over spiralling fees splashed out to woo foreign talent to Chinese teams, most of which are already believed to operate at a loss.The unprecedented move has had a chilling effect on China’s once-overheated transfer market.But the Bakambu affair has emerged as a litmus test of the curbs, as reports in Spain and France said 40 million Euros had been paid to free the player from his Spanish contract.The move would reportedly bring Bakambu to Beijing on a free transfer and sparked speculation that the FA would work to seal any cracks in the system exposed by the deal.The new announcement said the tightened rules were issued after “considering the realities that have emerged in the current process of registering player transfers,” without elaborating.It said clubs that evade the levy on transfers of up to 45 million yuan would have one point deducted from their tally in the league table, on up to 15 points for transfers surpassing 360 million yuan ($57 million) in value.It was not immediately clear where that would leave Bakambu, whose fate has been shrouded in mystery.Bakambu and Beijing Guoan have largely kept quiet, although the club — coached by the German Roger Schmidt — previously told AFP that Bakambu left Villarreal “for personal reasons” and have pleaded ignorance about any deal.BBC Sport has previously quoted a figure close to Bakambu as saying that Guoan provided the funds to buy him from Villarreal.Compounding the confusion, Guoan released photos last month of Bakambu training with them in Portugal, but declined to confirm whether he had indeed joined the club.The CFA underlined its commitment to the 100 percent tax rule after the winter transfer window opened in China on January 1, saying it would not stand for any “loophole-exploiting behaviour”.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Beijing Guoan released photos last month of Cedric Bakambu training with them in Portugal, but declined to confirm whether he had indeed joined the club © BEIJING GUOAN/AFP/File / HANDOUTSHANGHAI, China, Feb 13 – Chinese Super League teams who evade the country’s 100 percent levy on foreign player transfers face crippling point deductions under new measures aimed at plugging loopholes in the restrictions.The Chinese Football Association (CFA) said clubs could be docked up to 15 points in the league table depending on the value of a transfer and would be prevented from registering such players until all details of transfer contracts and proofs of payment are submitted to the league.
Dutch football expert Marcel van der Kraan has told talkSPORT the pressure in the Manchester United hotseat ‘was absolutely unbearable’ for axed boss Louis van Gaal.Though there still no official announcement from United, it is widely understood that Van Gaal has been relieved of his duties as Red Devils manager.Saturday’s FA Cup final win – the club’s first silverware since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013 – was largely overshadowed by fresh reports that Jose Mourinho was set to replace the Dutchman.The celebrations barely had the chance to subside at Wembley before the manager was quizzed about his long-term future at Old Trafford and Van der Kraan, who was at the post-match press conference, said the strain on the boss was plain to see.“We could all see the strain at Wembley,” the Telegraaf journalist told Hawksbee and Jacobs.“I attended his last press conference and you could tell then that the pressure he was under was absolutely unbearable.“He expected to stay. He was not under the impression that he would be sacked. He thought he had the authority and the capability to turn things around. He said, ‘I need that third year and I’m convinced I’m going to do it’.“He thought he would have the backing and that’s probably going to be his biggest disappointment of all, in the Manchester United board and owners.“He also expressed a number of times over the last few weeks that his authority has been undermined by all the reports about him getting the sack.”Van Gaal is well known for his prickly relationship with journalists, having fallen out with the press during his reign in charge at Barcelona as well as the Dutch national side.The British press have been treated to some amusing moments with Van Gaal during his two-year Premier League spell, but we have also seen his other, more brooding, sarcastic and snappy side.But Van der Kraan believes he found the British press to be the worst of the lot.“I dare say he’ll see his relationship with the British media has been the lowest and the worst of his entire career,” he added.“I have attended his press conferences in Spain, which were not always friendly and joyful, and I’ve see him with the Dutch national press – in both cases when he left he had blazing rows with the media.“But the press conference that completely eclipses all the others was the one on Saturday [after the FA Cup win] when he shouted at the media: ‘thank you for the congratulations!’“That’s where I could tell he was completely frustrated with the treatment he’s received in England.”
FROM NEIL DOHERTY AT PARKHEAD: Go figure folks – a few days ago I joined thousands of Hoops fans in Barcelona, many from the county of Donegal.And we all watched as Celtic came within 10 seconds of taking a point against the greatest team in Europe.Today I returned to Celtic Park, expecting to at least give Kilmarnock a run for their money. After all this was a side who hadn’t won here since 1955. That’s when my granda, from Inishowen, was a regular at Parkhead. He’s been dead for 40 years, God bless him.And I’m glad he didn’t see this performance when Kilmarnock, to be absolutely fair, came and won deservedly 2-0.After the Nou Camp battle, Georgios Samaras, Scott Brown, Mikael Lustig, Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama were dropped.So in came Adam Matthews, James Forrest, Beram Kayal, Kris Commons and Miku. But it didn’t work.Former Hoop Cillian Sheridan hit one goal for the visitors and the impressive Liam Kelly hit the other – one in each half.Neil Lennon was upset. So were we.“We’ve been brought back down to earth with a big bump. Second half, we created some decent chances, but not enough, and we’ve come away with a massive dose of reality,” said the Armagh man“But I take responsibility. I picked the team, so the buck stops with me. “I maybe have to look at my team selection, but I felt that, with the demands of the game on Tuesday, there would have been a bit of fatigue,” he explained.Maybe too many players have been reading too many headlines about how great they are.Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Jim McGuinness’s book. He didn’t read a single newspaper during the All-Ireland run-in.“We tried to freshen it up, but we were poor. “There was no fluidity in our play, there was no aggression in our play, we were very passive.“We gave two goals away without Kilmarnock really having to work for it.“We had good players out of the pitch, but there was no urgency or tempo to our game. We made life very comfortable for Kilmarnock.“It’s like we were out for a testimonial in the first half. We weren’t turning them or stretching them,” said Lennon, clearly upset,“I don’t recall a real 50-50 in the game when there was a real desperation for us to get the ball back or move with any real intent.”The Scottish Communities League Cup quarter-final with St Johnstone lies ahead.“I’ll be looking for a reaction on Tuesday,” said Neil.“There will be changes. I can’t accept that.”Nor can we.THE HOOPS REPORT: GO FIGURE – FROM NOU CAMP HEROES TO PARKHEAD ZEROS was last modified: October 27th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Barcelonaceltic fcdonegalTHE HOOPS REPORT: GO FIGURE – FROM NOU CAMP HEROES TO PARKHEAD ZEROS
THE BOSS of the website where Erin Gallagher was bullied has hit out at claims his site was responsible for her death.In a response to the Ray D’Arcy show on Today FM, ask.fm founder Mark Terebin lashed out at those who blamed his site.He expressed his sympathy to the 13-year-old’s family. But he insisted no-one could blame him.Radio host D’Arcy has been trying to get Terebin to appear on his radio show, but he refused – instead using his own site to respond to the growing anger over the social network site.D’Arcy asked Terebin: Please tell us why you will not talk to the Irish people regarding the deaths by suicide of two young Irish girls because of bullying they received through this site?Terebin responded: Mass media is knocking on wrong door. It is necessary to go deeper and to find a root of a problem. Its not about the site, the problem is about education, about moral values that were devaluated lately. Ask.fm is just a tool which helps people to communicate with each other, same as any other social network, same as phone, same as piece of paper and pen. Don’t blame a tool, but try to make changes… start with yourself… be more polite, more kind, more tolerant of others… cultivate these values in families, in schools. Suicide is not something to encourage via mass media. The more you promote suicide, the more it happen. Do you think mass media cares? They want scandals, they want sensations and finally they want money. Sorry, but we do not want to participate in it.What happened is a true tragedy and we give our deepest condolences to the victim’s family and relatives.WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS TEREBIN RIGHT? LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW: BOSS OF ERIN BULLYING SITE: DON’T BLAME ME, BLAME SOCIETY was last modified: November 2nd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
PALMDALE – More than 600 people are expected to bid on resort vacations, antique furniture, jewelry and even land in Colorado to raise money for Desert Haven, a training center and workshop for adults with developmental disabilities. “Muscle cars” from the 1960s and 1970s will be part of the decorations in the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds’ Poppy Pavilion for tonight’s 29th annual auction, which has a stock-car racing theme. “We’re transforming this place into backstage NASCAR,” said Jenni Moran, Desert Haven’s executive director. Put on by more than 100 volunteers, the auction is expected to raise $200,000 to $250,000. It is the organization’s biggest annual fundraiser. Proceeds will support vocational training and job-placement services for the adults with mental retardation and other development disabilities whom Desert Haven serves. Tickets are $50 each and some will be available at the door, Moran said. The ticket price includes dinner, two drinks, an auction catalog and the traditional late chili dog snack. Desert Haven started in 1955 as a play group for a Lancaster couple’s young son and later become a preschool, a job-training center and a workshop. It now trains and employs nearly 400 people who package medical supplies and designer hair-care products, clean and sort containers for a Rite Aid warehouse, mow lawns and fill other jobs at the workshop and at local businesses. Desert Haven staffers offer on-the-job support and other services while the trainees are learning their tasks and adjusting to their work environment. The job coaching is gradually phased out.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Auction items include an Alaskan cruise; vacations in Nashville, New York and Mazatlan; and a trip to the Daytona 500 race in Florida. Antique china closets, a Gem electric cart, and an all-terrain vehicle will also go on the block. The classic Ford Galaxie, Chevrolet Chevelle, Willys truck and other vehicles in the pavilion are for atmosphere only: They aren’t for sale. Last year’s auction included property in Hawaii. This year the land is in Colorado. “I saw pictures of it. It looks really nice,” Moran said. The doors will open today at 4 p.m. at the fairgrounds, 2551 W. Ave. H. Dinner will be served from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. A mini-auction will start at 5:30 and the grand auction will begin at 6:30 p.m.
A Malaysian man who oversaw the running of a cannabis growhouse in Ballybofey has been remanded in custody.Ching Ann Low appears in court.Ching Ann Low, 31, appeared at Letterkenny District Court this morning. He is the fourth person to appear in court charged in connection with the discovery of the cannabis factory worth an estimated €360,000 above a Chinese restaurant on Navenny Street on Tuesday evening.The court heard that Ching Ann Low held the key to the premises to which the plants were being grown and also looked after the equipment used to grow the plants.Garda Detective Sgt Niall Boyle told the court he was objecting to bail as he considered the accused a serious flight risk.Solicitor Frank Dorrian objected saying Gardai had his passport and that his wife was also now in custody as she was one of the co-accused.But Sgt Boyle said the accused could still slip into Northern Ireland and out of the jurisdiction.The court heard that Ching Ann Low arrived in Ireland in October 2012 with his wife and mother-in-law.Judge Paul Kelly said he agreed that the accused could be a flight risk and remanded him in custody at Castlerea Prison until Monday next by video-link.MAN WHO MAINTAINED CANNABIS FACTORY IS REMANDED IN CUSTODY was last modified: January 24th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Ballybofeycannabis factoryChang Ann LowGardaiSgt Niall Boyle
Fine Gael councillor Martin Harley has been added to the Fine Gael General Election ticket in Donegal.Cllr Harley, a Ballybofey-based businessman who has been a local councillor for ten years, was added by the Executive Council of the party on Thursday night.Cllr Harley is the 80th candidate to be selected by Fine Gael to contest the General Election and it is the first time he will contest a General Election. He said, “I am keen to bring my work on behalf of the people in Donegal to the next level representing the constituency in the Dáil. I have a proven track record as a team player with a strong work ethic and I will work tirelessly to deliver for the people of Donegal.“I think it’s time east Donegal and the Finn Valley in particular had a TD. With Brexit imminent and the need for job creation in this area, we need strong voices.Minister for Education and Donegal TD, Joe McHugh, said: “Having Martin on the ticket is great for the party in Donegal, and it is a sure sign of our ambitions – we are aiming for two seats in the county.“Martin and I have had a strong working relationship for years, going back to 2004 when I canvassed with him for the local elections. “I am looking forward to working with him and the organisation in the time ahead.”Cllr Martin Harley added to general election ticket in Donegal was last modified: November 4th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Fine GaelMartin Harley
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.