Donegal families of victims of the Troubles take out full page advertisement

first_img Facebook Families of victims of the Northern Ireland Troubles have taken out a full page newspaper advert to accuse the British Government of a ‘shameful failure’ to address the legacy of the conflict.The groups represent more than 150 bereaved families, including the families of Donegal men Eddie Fullerton and Henry Cunningham.The advert expresses dissatisfaction that the ‘Fresh Start’ political deal struck last month does did not reach agreement on a way forward to deal with legacy issues.This is because of the UK government’s insistence on retaining a veto, on national security grounds, over disclosing certain historic documents on Troubles killings.Paul O’Connor of the Pat Finucane Centre says that makes no sense:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ADVERT.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Google+ By News Highland – December 10, 2015 Google+ WhatsApp Pinterest Facebook Twitter Donegal families of victims of the Troubles take out full page advertisementcenter_img Pinterest WhatsApp Previous articleDonegal businesses urged to apply for Storm Desmond flooding supportNext articleCleaners at Letterkenny University Hospital vote for industrial action News Highland Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Homepage BannerNews Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powerslast_img