Lane Kiffin Responds To Nick Saban’s NFL Draft Comments

first_imgNick Saban talking to Lane Kiffin before a game.ATLANTA, GA – DECEMBER 31: Offensive Coordinator Lane Kiffin of the Alabama Crimson Tide and Head Coach Nick Saben of the Alabama Crimson Tide walk during pre game of the 2016 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl at the Georgia Dome on December 31, 2016 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Mike Zarrilli/Getty Images)Earlier this week, Alabama head coach Nick Saban made headlines for what he said about players leaving early for the NFL draft. Saban came out strongly against players entering the draft when they have a low grade from NFL scouts.“Now, we have guys that have no draft grades, seventh-round grades, free-agent grades, fifth-round grades that are going out to the draft. And the person that loses in that is the player,” Saban said over the weekend, via Saturday Down South.“If you’re a third-round draft pick, and we had one here last year — I’m not going to say any names — goes and starts for his team, so he’s making third-round money, which is not that great.”It turns out, not all coaches agree.Saban’s former offensive coordinator, Lane Kiffin, took to social media to give his take.“If 60 juniors got second and third round grades how would they all go in top 15 if they come back?” Kiffin said on Twitter.“Some come back and go in worse rounds than what their jr grades were. Love when kids leave and fulfill their dreams. What do u say if they get hurt and lose money?”If 60 juniors got second and third round grades how would they all go in top 15 if they come back?Some come back and go in worse rounds than what their jr grades were. Love when kids leave and fulfill their dreams. What do u say if they get hurt and lose 💰? #facts #MattBarkley https://t.co/FNzHtxxhHe— Lane Kiffin (@Lane_Kiffin) April 8, 2019There are two sides to the argument, and both have their merits.However, in a sport where longevity is an issue, players will always look to secure their financial future at the earliest possible moment.last_img read more

Learn more →

Transition Task Force Releases Report

first_img providing relevant career information to youth earlier reviewing high school and upgrading programs helping more apprentices, college and university students complete their education and training, and to do so more quickly giving employers a greater voice in influencing some programs in schools, colleges and universities The Transition Task Force released a report today, June 21, that contains 15 recommendations to help youth get the training and education they need to find meaningful work in Nova Scotia. “The Transition Task Force was a diverse group of people united by the single purpose of building a stronger economy with a well-trained and educated workforce,” said Dr. Robert Summerby-Murray, president and vice-chancellor at Saint Mary’s University. “The report contains recommendations we believe will have the most impact on helping young Nova Scotians get the education and training they need to live and work at home.” Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Karen Casey and Labour and Advanced Education Minister Kelly Regan accepted the report and thanked the task force members for their work. “Our government is committed to seeing more young people find meaningful work here at home,” said Ms. Regan. “Our budget this year is investing more than $12 million in programs that provide the skills, training and experience needed to connect young people to a career here in Nova Scotia.” The task force included representation from youth and students, teachers and principals, school boards, the Nova Scotia Community College, the apprenticeship system, universities, the African Nova Scotian and Mi’kmaw communities, and business and industry. Recommendations from the task force include: “The insight and expertise of the task force members is critical to the direction we will take to help more youth successfully move out of school into college, university, apprenticeship and the workforce,” said Ms. Casey. “I thank the Transition Task Force members for the time and energy they have invested since last fall.” The province will report on progress throughout the year, as action is undertaken. The ministers also agreed to reconvene the task force members in fall 2017 for a round table session to review and discuss progress. The Transition Task Force was established as part of Nova Scotia’s Action Plan for Education www.ednet.ns.ca . Ensuring youth have the best possible chance for a successful future in Nova Scotia is supported by the ONE Nova Scotia Coalition www.wechoosenow.ca/ .last_img read more

Learn more →